14 October, 2021
Greenmount Hall bike show a success
The Greenmount Returned Soldiers Memorial Hall held a Bike Show at the end of September, fundraising to support the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the hall, and it saw motorcycling enthusiasts come from across the region.
The classes consisted of Harley Davidson, Japanese, European and British bikes which did not disappoint.
The Hall committee and associated members held a
barbecue, Greenmount State School supplied a cake stall and Bliss and Sip supplied coffee.
Stuart Brown from Elite Motorcycles had a marquee set up show casing motorcycles.
Angela Connolly, Secretary of the Hall, said she would like to thank Mr Brown for his support of the bike show.
The raffle, donated to the Hall by the Toowoomba Turners and Woodworks Club, was won by Peter.
The Classes of Bikes were judged by Warren from Independent Motorcycle Wreckers and Ned from Clifton.
Trophies and prizes where awarded to:
- Best Bike – Harley Duce, Owner Shane
- Best Bike – Kawasaki Z900, Owner Paul Batham
- Best Harley – Road King, Owner Mumbles
- Best Paint – Harley Dyna Wide Glide, Owner Marv
- Most Original Bike – 1949 Tiger, Owner Graham Moore
- Oldest Bike – 1949 Tiger, Owner Graham Moore
- Best Cruiser – Yamaha V Star, Owner Karen
- Best European Bike – 1200 BMW
- Best Vintage Bike – Yamaha YR1, Owner Jason De Kok
- Best British Bike – went to Mark
Ms Connolly said the hall would also like to thank the businesses and personal donations that were made to this event.
“Without you, the event would not have been the success it was on the day,” she said.