16 February, 2022
Have your say: should trucks be able to drive through the centre of Pittsworth?
You may or may not have noticed, but there are a lot of large trucks that drive right through the centre of Pittsworth on Yandilla Street, and we want to hear your thoughts on it.
Here at The Pittsworth Sentinel office we have been taking note of the number of large trucks we see drive past our front windows, and let’s just say… it’s quite a lot!
Considering there are many streets that run parallel to Yandilla Street, there are five entrances to different sides of town off the Gore Highway, and therefore many options to go around the main street, is there really a need for trucks to travel on Yandilla Street?
Not only does it increase the level of noise in town, but given the amount of foot traffic and other cars that occupy Yandilla Street, having large trucks drive through the centre of town could present a safety concern.
So, we want to hear from you!
How do you feel about trucks driving on Yandilla Street?
To receive your feedback we have set up a short, anonymous survey online for you to fill out, which should only take a few minutes.
To complete the survey, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PMFT6M8
If you’re unable to complete it online but would like to have your say, please contact Laura at The Pittsworth Sentinel by calling 4693 2911, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter, or dropping into the office at 94 Yandilla Street, Pittsworth, 4356.
For those who can’t access the online survey, the questions are as follows:
- Have you ever noticed how many trucks pass through Yandilla Street?
- Does it bother or concern you that the trucks use the main street? Why (e.g. safety concern)?
- Do you think there is a reason why trucks have to use the main street instead of using one of the many alternate routes?
- Would you prefer if there was a mandate to say trucks cannot pass through the centre of town/main street and need to find an alternate route?
- Add any additional thoughts or points you’d like to make.