Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.

Community & Business

20 April, 2022

Helping out those who save lives

Clifton Senior Citizens Club made a generous donation of $250 to RACQ LifeFlight Rescue.

From left: Denise Taylor, Margaret Agnew, Kim Cadman, Alice McKenzie and Roger Moulton.

RACQ LifeFlight Rescue fundraising coordinator for Darling Downs South West, Kim Cadman received the cheque and gave a presentation explaining what LifeFlight does.

Ms Cadman said in the last financial year, from July 2020 to June 2021, there were approximately 45 flights in the local area.

These flights included transporting patients involved in motor vehicle accidents and falls as well as transporting between medical facilities along with neonatal care for women living on remote properties.

Ms Cadman said donations are vital to continue operating the service as they make up 35 per cent of the funding, with the other 65 per cent coming from the government.

From the base at Toowoomba, which is home to two helicopters, it takes approximately ten minutes to reach Clifton and between 30 and 40 minutes to reach Brisbane, where many patients are transported.

Ms Cadman said it was fantastic to travel out to Clifton and receive the donation.

“It’s really good when community groups support us,” she said.

Most Popular