17 December, 2021
Pittsworth lights up for Christmas
Many Pittsworth residents are getting into the Christmas spirit, decorating their houses and businesses with decor and lights to celebrate the silly season and brighten up our town.
To recognise those who have gone the extra mile and to encourage everyone to get involved this festive season, the Pittsworth District Alliance held its annual Light Up For Christmas Competition, sponsored by Rotary.
This year there were five categories being judged - Light Up or Decorated Tree, Light Up House or Garden, Good Neighbours, Novice Award and Business.
The judges drove around town last Friday, December 10th, to decide on this year’s winners and place-getters, which they announced on Tuesday night at Christmas in the Park.
This year the winners are as follows:
- Light Up Decorated Tree: 1st - Ash and Kingsley McBeath (23 Young Street, Pittsworth)
- Light Up House or Garden: 1st - Ash and Kingsley McBeath (23 Young Street, Pittsworth), 2nd - Fred and Janice Reed (136 Hill Street East, Pittsworth), Highly Commended - Steph and Rob Schmidt (33 Briggs Street, Pittsworth)
- Good Neighbours: 1st - Peter and Sandra Rohde/ Fred and Janice Reed (134/136 Hill Street East, Pittsworth), 2nd - Morgan Pearce/Andrew and Gretchen Thompson (20/24 Hume Street, Pittsworth)
- Novice Award: 1st - Leanne Murden (15 Aster Street, Pittsworth), 2nd - Jacob, Joey and Tilly Clarke (21 Murray Street, Pittsworth)
- Business: 1st - Blue Care (10 Margetts Street, Pittsworth), Tied 2nd - Ridgy Didge Painting (72 Hume Street, Pittsworth) and Beauty and the Beard (68 Yandilla Street, Pittsworth).
Congratulations to all those who were awarded places and don’t forget to drive around town before Christmas to admire all the beautiful lights!