3 March, 2022
Overnight rainfall wreaks havoc, causes road closures
Clifton has found itself cut off from Toowoomba this morning, Thursday 3 March, following a heavy downpour overnight that has seen waterways rapidly rise over roads.
Many residents were woken up at about 2:30am to the sounds of a terrific storm that did not stop until 6am.
Clifton recorded 70mm of rain overnight and there were reports of properties towards Pilton that recorded around the 100mm mark.
The effect of this rain has been compounded by the excessive rainfall over last weekend which the ground is still very much saturated from.
Roads that have been closed today, and may still be closed, include:
- Greenmount Etonvale Road, Greenmount
- Felton Clifton Road, Kings Creek
- New England Highway, Cambooya (near United Etonvale)
- New England Highway, Nevilton (over Kings Creek)
- Clifton Leyburn Road, Clifton (over Kings Creek)
- Shannon Road, Clifton
- Toowoomba Karara Road, Felton (over Hodgson Creek)
- Gatton Clifton Road, Fordsdale (open to local traffic only)
- Clifton Allora Road, Allora
- Warwick Allora Road, Allora
- Mount Molar Road, Mount Molar
- Willow Springs Road, Nobby (between Nobby Connection Road and Kratzmann Road)
For the latest traffic information from the Department of Transport and Main Roads, including road closures, visit qldtraffic.qld.gov.au