3 November, 2021
VaxBus to roll into local towns next week
A new COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccination Bus will hit the local region next week to provide vaccines to townships west of Oakey, such as Bowenville, Jondaryan, Brymaroo and Quinalow.
It is an initiative by the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN to improve vaccine access to remote and rural communities.
Local Bush VaxBus dates include:
- November 8: 8am arrival for 8.30am to 12.30am clinic, Park, 35-45 Delacy Street Kaimkillenbun;
- November 8: 2pm arrival for 2.30pm to 5pm clinic, Bowenville Park, Bowenville;
- November 9: 8am arrival for 8.30am to 12.30pm clinic, Public Hall, 12 Duke Street, Jondaryan;
- November 9: 1pm arrival for 1.30pm to 4.30pm clinic, Alex Campbell Park, Brymaroo; and
- November 10: 8am arrival for 8.30am to 11.30am clinic, Recreation Reserve. Peachy Maclagan Road, Quinalow.
PHN Chief Executive Officer Merrilyn Strohfeldt is committed to improving access to the COVID-19 vaccine people in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region.
“We are excited to get out on the road to support people in rural communities, who may have found it difficult to access the vaccine,” she said.
"The Bush VaxBus helps to remove transportation barriers and is the driving force behind protecting people in our region against COVID-19.”
The Bus will be on the road with the Aspen Medical team who will be administering the vaccine.
“This is a good opportunity to chat to health professionals about the vaccine, so I encourage you to drop in and see the team when the Bus is in your town,” Ms Strohfeldt said.
The walk-in hub can provide first or second doses accompanied by a free sausage sizzle and giveaways.
A form of I.D is required to receive a vaccination, this can be a Medicare Card or other forms of legal I.D, such as, drivers licence, or passport.
For more information call 4615 0932 or visit www.ddwmphn.com.au/vaxbus